Thursday, March 24, 2016

Immaculate Heart

I know Valentine's is long over. The feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary isn't until August, but I just had to share this image that I colored on my iPad after I created it. I think it turned out really well. I used it for the background on my iPad for a while... I faded it a bit and then put a prayer over the top of it, so I'd remember to say a (and learn a new) prayer each time I unlocked my iPad. I have an image of the Sacred Heart as well, but I haven't colored it yet.

Immaculate Heart
When I colored this I used blue obviously because that is Mary's color, but also because in the Icon world, blue is associate with Heaven. Red is not only associated with blood, but also for Earth. Since Mary is the Queen of Heaven and Earth it makes sense to surround her heart with those colors. The sword symbolizes the 7 swords Simeon told her would pierce her heart - the 7 sorrows of Mary. The roses are for the various Marian apparitions that have produced roses for the visionaries (I think that is the meaning of the roses). I truly enjoy delving into the reasons behind the symbols as well as the colors to use.

If you would like a *.pdf or *.jpg of this image along with the Sacred Heart of Jesus or another Catholic/Christian file, please contact me via email or comment. I will do my best to accomodate you.

If you would like to request a Catholic/Christian, garden, horse, vehicle, or other image based on a photograph (even if I have to find the photograph) please contact me and I will see what I can do for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Benedict Catholic Creations! Please let me know what I can create for you!