Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Fun with Lines - My Little Curly Style

I got creative with lines while I was going for more detail with the My Little Curly series the other night. My mother-in-law let me know pretty quickly that she really enjoyed coloring these. So much in fact, that when I brought her a duplicate, she quickly colored it again. Believe it or not, these were fun to add details to as well. So more of these will be added too.

Zig Zag
I drew this one with the different direction lines indicating different body parts, but not really paying strict attention to the musculature of the horse. Just vaguely thinking of where this turned into that. I also gave him a facial marking to divide up his face a little better so it didn't seem so bland. I think it turned out really well.

Striations
 This one is kind of based on the pulley effect the muscles have on one another. I didn't study them absolutely and I'm sure I didn't do it accurately, but it made for an interesting criss-cross of colors and lines. You could do a lot with this one if you wanted to blend your primary colors to create the secondary colors where the primaries overlap. I really like the way it looks.

Zig Zag 2nd time
This second Zig Zag is still as interesting as the first. It just goes to show that even if you color it once, you can still have fun coloring it again without it turning out the same. This one could almost be done in a color gradient way with the colors fading up or down depending on your preference. Its a very striking image, if I do say so myself - especially once it is colored!

If you would like *.pdf or *.jpg files of either or both of these images, please contact me via email or comment below. I will get back with you as soon as possible. 

If you would like to request a horse, flower, vehicle, or anything else based on a photograph (even if I have to find a photograph), please contact me. I'll let you know what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Benedict Catholic Creations! Please let me know what I can create for you!